Wednesday, November 25, 2020

What does a soil test mean? and a recommendation

 



    I have had a call out for many months for any New Mexico grape grower to send me a soil sample and I will submit it to a lab and have it analyzed. I then receive the results and help the grower interpret the results and make any additions or amendments to his or her vineyard soil. I recently had one client who said "thank you, and I will go on the internet and see what it means".  I can only wish that grower "good luck" Not to say that the internet doesn't have some solid information, I just don't know how applicable it is to specific New Mexico soils, growing conditions and our unique environment, of which there are many. Keep in mind that New Mexico has as many as 10 different growing zone designations. The only other US state with that many growing zone designations is California. 

Having said that, if you do go to the internet ...to: "see what it means", a good starting place is: Vineyard Nutrient Management in Washington State

The publication was authored by Washington State's Dr. Michelle Moyer in 2018, and much of what Dr. Moyer has composed and included applies here in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment